Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Celebrating Gotcha/Family Day 2009

One Year Ago Today this precious little one was placed into our hands to become our daughter. It's hard to believe that one hear has passed already. We have been so blessed to have Lily in our family. Yes there have been growing pains and struggles but all of this is part of God's design to cause greater growth in all of us.
This picture is out of order but I'm too tired to try to fix it. I know that if I try I'll end up deleting it or something. Lily loves ice cream and cake....well....ice cream mostly
Daddy brought home Chinese food for dinner and Lily said, "Thank You daddy for making me Chinese food". I actually get credit for making edible food! (inside joke, I can't cook)
Emily and Lily have grown to love each other more and more. Emily is a great big sister. Almost every day the play a game Emily calls "Family" where they pretend to be the mommy and baby etc. We usually end up with Emily's entire bedroom contents in our living room.....eeek! Don't worry, we make her clean up the mess.
I just had to include this picture of Lily. We had to purchase a new camera since I recently broke our old camera. We bought a Ni*on P90. At first I was having all sorts of problems with the pictures being blurry, color distortion etc. I was ready to return the camera until I got online and started reading tips from current users. Anyway, I took this close up of Lily and really like it.
After raising 5 biological sons, then adopting two daughters from China you would think that we would be done with thinking about adoption. BUT GOD has continued to fill our hearts with the desire to help orphans in whatever way He sees fit. Our church supports an orphanage in India called "Little Lights" where over 3000 children are cared for, fed, taught about Jesus and prepared to go out into society with a real education. Recently we were blessed with the priviledge of participating in a special offering to help them purchase the final plot of land on their 10 acre compound. It is a blessing to help these children whom God cares for so dearly.

2 comments:

shelley said...

I can't believe it has been a yr. Amazing how much she has changed. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. As always, Kevin thanks you for the pictures of JuJu.

Vicki said...

Oh Christy.
I'd adopt again in a heartbeat. IF you hear of things/options for singles who are 51-ish...ha...let me know. I'm serious. I'd sooo loved to have gone to Vietnam. Honestly, another Asian sibling for Emily would've been wonderful. I'm starting to seriously think/listen to God. We shall see...but I don't have any strong, strong unctions right now.
Great to check in on ya'll.